Thursday, September 5, 2013

training 9-5-13

Folsom Canal, 22.5 miles. QuestXS (open hood, foothole covers). N-33.2, S-30.0. Easy money. Now all I have to do, starting tomorrow, is for nine days to overeat high on the glycemic index and show my pancreas who's boss. The plan for Battle Mountain is to do one morning qualifying run on Monday and six evening runs (mon-sat). I'm used to preparing for a single effort so this will be new to me. Six days in a row doesn't seem ideal for me but who knows. I'm very well rested so perhaps I will have the testicular fortitude to pull it off and get stronger through the week. My diet will insure that my glycogen stores remain full. Of course, with all of that insulin floating through my bloodstream I'll probably spend the week in a quasi-diabetic semi-comatose state sobering up only to warmup and make a run down 305.

No comments: